- The deep harbor at Wood's Hole was home to a substantial whaling fleet in the past century and a half. The promontory known as Nobska Hill seemed a natural site for a beacon for those approaching the harbor or passing between Martha's Vineyard and Falmouth via Vineyard Sound.
- The first light was built in 1829. The second and current cast iron tower was erected in the Centennial year of 1876.
- Tens of thousands of boats would pass the light and it was the keeper's job to count them all no matter how hard it would be.
- Today, tens of thousands of runners will pass the light in the famed Falmouth Road Race that occurs in this town every August. Good luck to them all.
- Plastic Frame and Body
- UL listed
- 4 watt bulb included
- Glow vent casts light upward
- Adjustable tines to fit any socket
- Approximate Night Light Dimensions 4.125" (w) x 3.375 (h) x 2.5" (d)
- Interior Image Area 3.5" (w) x 2.75"(h)
We accept payments via Credit Card and PayPal.