These beacons marked the "elbow" of Cape Cod until 1923, when the light on the right was moved to Eastham to become Nauset Light.
The station was established in 1808 and were 'twin lights' or range lights that were movable to help ships navigate the shifting channels in Chatham Harbor.
The pair of beacons also helped distinguish it from the Cape's first light, Highland Light in North Truro.
The first keeper of the light, Samuel Nye, was appointed by Thomas Jefferson and the light has been added to the National Register of Historic Places.
The former keeper's house is now an active U. S. Coast Guard Station performing frequent Maritime Law Enforcement and Search and Rescue missions.
- Plastic Frame and Body
- UL listed
- 4 watt bulb included
- Glow vent casts light upward
- Adjustable tines to fit any socket
- Approximate Night Light Dimensions 4.125" (w) x 3.375 (h) x 2.5" (d)
- Interior Image Area 3.5" (w) x 2.75"(h)
We accept payments via Credit Card and PayPal.