- The A. G. Ropes was a three-masted, full-rigged clipper built in 1884 in the ship-building town of Bath Maine. Her profile under full canvas was such that images like this were readily sold in coastal towns in the Northeast.
- Her luck and her profile changed in a typhoon off Kobe, Japan in 1906. She was dismasted and not long thereafter, converted into a schooner barge and reduced to serving as a coastal bulk carrier.
- On the day after Christmas in 1926, while carrying a cargo of coal from Philadelphia, PA to Providence RI, the A. G. Ropes foundered in a storm two miles north of Barnegat, New Jersey.
- Three lives were lost.
- Product Specifications
- Plastic Frame and Body
- UL listed
- 4 watt bulb included
- Glow vent casts light upward
- Adjustable tines to fit any socket
- Approximate Night Light Dimensions 4.125" (w) x 3.375 (h) x 2.5" (d)
- Interior Image Area 3.5" (w) x 2.75"(h)
We accept payments via Credit Card and PayPal.