The auxiliary yacht "Aloha" was the epitome of yachting class comfort and technology in the 1920s. This sumptuous craft was the flagship of The New York Yacht Club Squadron and belonged to the club's Commodore, Mr. Arthur Curtiss James who, accompanied by his consort, sailed around the world to much publicity in 1921.
Built in the Fore River Shipyards of Quincy, Massachusetts, the 202-foot, auxiliary steel steam yacht featured an engine capable of generation over 500 horse-power. It also had a special telescopic smoke stack that hid itself when the craft was under canvas.
The New York Yacht Club originated in 1845 and its membership over the years has included such deep-pocketed yachtsmen as J. P. Morgan. The club was a sponsor and early champion of The Americas Cup which it successfully defended against all comers (primarily the British) for over a century.
Plastic Frame and Body
4 watt bulb included
Glow vent casts light upward
Adjustable tines to fit any socket
Approximate Night Light Dimensions 4.125" (w) x 3.375 (h) x 2.5" (d)