Boston's first airport opened in 1923 at Jeffries Point in East Boston and would expand its runways over the following decades through landfilling sections of Boston Harbor.
Behind this effort, were a group of former WWI Army Air Service pilots who formed the Archie Club and were instrumental in lobbying for the creation of what would become The 101st Observation Squadron of The Massachusetts National Guard.
The Archie Club raise their own funds to extend the field's runways and flew biplanes like the 'Jennies' shown here at Air Shows, County Fairs, and other events to raise public awareness for military aviation.
The first regularly scheduled commercial flight out of the field was in 1927 on a direct flight to New York City courtesy of Colonial Air Transport. The airport was renamed after local war hero Edward Lawrence Logan in 1956.
Plastic Frame and Body
4 watt bulb included
Glow vent casts light upward
Adjustable tines to fit any socket
Approximate Night Light Dimensions 4.125" (w) x 3.375 (h) x 2.5" (d)