East Chop Light was built in 1878 and stands on a bluff overlooking Vineyard Haven Sound on the eastern end of Vineyard Haven harbor.
It was originally constructed as a private lighthouse by Captain Silas Daggett, who collected his fees from ship's captains, local merchants and maritime insurance agencies.
From 1880 until 1988, it was painted a rust red color which earned it the nickname " The Chocolate Lighthouse."
Today, it's a bright white color and is a wonderful photo opportunity for the thousands of bicyclists who cycle between Vineyard Have and Oak Bluffs every summer.
- Plastic Frame and Body
- UL listed
- 4 watt bulb included
- Glow vent casts light upward
- Adjustable tines to fit any socket
- Approximate Night Light Dimensions 4.125" (w) x 3.375 (h) x 2.5" (d)
- Interior Image Area 3.5" (w) x 2.75"(h)
We accept payments via Credit Card and PayPal.