- The causeway to Edgartown Light shown here developed into what is today known as Lighthouse Beach. Most of the sand came from the barrier beach to Vineyard Sound at what was then known as Eel Pond. The migrating sand built up enough to create gorgeous beach.
- In 1991, Hurricane Bob caused severe damage to the causeway leading to the light, but concerned neighbors and Edgartown residents were able to fund repairs to the structure, making sure that history wouldn't repeat itself in the loss of the light.
- Edgartown Light is now owned by the Martha's Vineyard Historical Society and is known as The Children's Light, being dedicated to deceased local children. The light is open to visitors from June through Labor Day.
- Plastic Frame and Body
- UL listed
- 4 watt bulb included
- Glow vent casts light upward
- Adjustable tines to fit any socket
- Approximate Night Light Dimensions 4.125" (w) x 3.375 (h) x 2.5" (d)
- Interior Image Area 3.5" (w) x 2.75"(h)
We accept payments via Credit Card and PayPal.