- The trip by boat from the entrance to Boston's Outer Harbor to the Inner Harbor includes a number of islands, unseen shoals and shifting channels that can prove treacherous both at night and in fog.
- Long Island Light was first lit in 1819 to help alleviate the concerns of ships captains, harbor pilots and ships owners tired of seeing cargoes and lives lost so close to their destinations.
- The light has been rebuilt 4 times. At one point, the reverberation from the firing of coastal guns caused the tower to be significantly weakened until the light was moved.
- The island has also been home to hotels, fortifications, insane asylums and camps for inner city children.
- The island is also famously haunted by a women in red who was killed in a Revolutionary sea battle in the harbor and was buried on the island.
- Plastic Frame and Body
- UL listed
- 4 watt bulb included
- Glow vent casts light upward
- Adjustable tines to fit any socket
- Approximate Night Light Dimensions 4.125" (w) x 3.375 (h) x 2.5" (d)
- Interior Image Area 3.5" (w) x 2.75"(h)
We accept payments via Credit Card and PayPal.