Oldfield Lighthouse sits high atop a bluff overlooking Long Island Sound on a spot held sacred by Setalcott Indians who were the dominant local tribe.
In 1823, the U. S. Congress choose the location for one of Long Island's first lighthouses to aid maritime traffic going in and out of Port Jefferson Harbor.
The second and current lighthouse at this location was built shortly after the Civil War and is larger than its predecessor and is built of two-foot thick granite blocks.
The light has been deactivated and reactivated several times and it was finally conveyed to once more to The Village of Oldfield where it is a cherished landmark and the setting for weddings and other gatherings.
Plastic Frame and Body
4 watt bulb included
Glow vent casts light upward
Adjustable tines to fit any socket
Approximate Night Light Dimensions 4.125" (w) x 3.375 (h) x 2.5" (d)