Great Point Light, also known as Nantucket Light, is located on the northernmost point of the island. It was first constructed in 1784.
The location marks the spot where the strong currents of Nantucket Sound meet the Atlantic.
The original wooden tower was destroyed by fire in 1816 and was then rebuilt of stone. That beacon toppled over in 1984. That too was rebuilt and a five foot thick concrete slab foundation was added to help resist erosion.
The light's batteries are recharged by color panels.
Plastic Frame and Body
4 watt bulb included
Glow vent casts light upward
Adjustable tines to fit any socket
Approximate Night Light Dimensions 4.125" (w) x 3.375 (h) x 2.5" (d)