- The current Bodie Island Light is the third beacon in the vicinity to bear that name. The first was undermined by a poor foundation. The second was destroyed by retreating Confederate troops.
- This light stands at a height of 172 feet above the Roanoke Sound at the beginning of The Cape Hatteras National Seashore, just south of Nags Head.
- Its name is derived from a local family that, at one time, owned the island, but popular folklore would have you believe its derived from the many dead sailors whose bodies have come ashore over the centuries.
- Plastic Frame and Body
- UL listed
- 4 watt bulb included
- Glow vent casts light upward
- Adjustable tines to fit any socket
- Approximate Night Light Dimensions 4.125" (w) x 3.375 (h) x 2.5" (d)
- Interior Image Area 3.5" (w) x 2.75"(h)
We accept payments via Credit Card and PayPal.