- Grape Island is separated from Plum Island, off of Newburyport and Ipswich, MA, by a creek and for two centuries was home to families of fisherman and a larger seasonal population that came to enjoy the swimming, fishing, hunting and sailing.
- The community had its own school and a few hotels that would open in the season for visitors. Slowly, the population declined over the late 19th Century until only one family was left.
- The Federal Government purchased the island when it created the Parker River Wildlife Sanctuary and the last resident of Grape Island, called "the hermit of Grape Island", endured for decades gathering his own water, heating his cabin with firewood, go by boat to the mainland for groceries and doing without things like electricity and the telephone.
- He passed from this earth in 1984. His name was Lewis Kilburn.
- Plastic Frame and Body
- UL listed
- 4 watt bulb included
- Glow vent casts light upward
- Adjustable tines to fit any socket
- Approximate Night Light Dimensions 4.125" (w) x 3.375 (h) x 2.5" (d)
- Interior Image Area 3.5" (w) x 2.75"(h)
We accept payments via Credit Card and PayPal.