- All commercial fishing requires a strong back and the scallop fisherman shown here reflects the strength and patience required in making a living supplying that particular bivalve in the months when its in season.
- Scallops are a welcome winter harvest both for the shell fisherman that doesn't have to venture far from shore and for the shellfish gourmand who enjoys their tender texture and delicate flavor.
- Cape Scallops have a very high glycogen level which contributes to the 'sweetness' that's earned them the reputation of being the sweetest scallop in the world.
- Bay scallops are the only bivalve that swims. They live in eel grass and their presence is an indicator of the health and quality of the water in that area. Nitrogen is the greatest threat to bay scallop ecosystems.
- Many Cape communities, including West Falmouth Harbor, have recognized the importance of establishing the bay scallop ecosystem in their immediate waters through measuring and controlling the nitrogen that flows into them.
- Product Specifications
- Plastic Frame and Body
- UL listed
- 4 watt bulb included
- Glow vent casts light upward
- Adjustable tines to fit any socket
- Approximate Night Light Dimensions 4.125" (w) x 3.375 (h) x 2.5" (d)
- Interior Image Area 3.5" (w) x 2.75"(h)
We accept payments via Credit Card and PayPal.