- In 1856, a fire destroyed one of the two lighthouses that had stood on Plum Island for several generations. It was never rebuilt, but a year or so later the surviving beacon received a more powerful Fresnel Lens.
- A U.S. Life Saving Service station was built on Plum Island in the early 1870s. The light shown here was the predecessor to the current Plum Island Lighthouse which was built beside it and replaced it in 1898.
- The light, its many keepers and their wives have witnessed many great storms and famous shipwrecks in the intervening years. Tales of heroism under harrowing circumstances are many.
- Finally in 1951, Plum Island Light was automated. Today, the light is maintained by The Friends of Plum Island Light and remains one of The North Shore's most beloved and recognizable beacons.
- Plastic Frame and Body
- UL listed
- 4 watt bulb included
- Glow vent casts light upward
- Adjustable tines to fit any socket
- Approximate Night Light Dimensions 4.125" (w) x 3.375 (h) x 2.5" (d)
- Interior Image Area 3.5" (w) x 2.75"(h)
We accept payments via Credit Card and PayPal.